Sunday 19th March – updated 18th March
Mini Parade Info
- Time: Marshall 11.45am. Parade begins at 12.00pm.
- Location: Lower Riverbank, below the Community Church.
- Info: A chance for anyone who missed out on being in the Parade on Saturday to showcase their outfits and enjoy promenading through the Festival precinct. Led by Hoodoo Mayhem, featuring Stilt Walkers, Tubby the Robot and other Parade participants.
All welcome (on foot or stilts only).
Billy Cart Derby
- Time: Registration 8.30am – 9.00am. Racing begins at 9.30am.
- Location: Police St.
- Info: Ages 8 – 15, plus a race for parents. Warrandyte’s answer to “The Greatest Spectacle in Racing”, watch as billy carters compete for immortality in the derby that delivers epic thrills and lots of great prizes and trophies!
Registration and cost: Billy carts must meet strict safety criteria available at warrandytefestival.org. Registration forms available on the day, or at warrandytefestival.org. $10 per person.
- Sponsored by: Warrandyte RSL, Carter Art , Bicycle Superstore Nunawading and Sassafras Sweet Company, with support from Warrandyte Police and CFA.
- Enquiries: email@example.com or call 0418 357 282 (Michael).
Family mountain bike ride
- Time: 9.00am – 10.30am.
Location: Marshall at skatepark car park, Warrandyte Reserve.
Info: Led by the amazing Women of Warrandyte from the Warrandyte Mountain Bike Club, the ride will start at Warrandyte Trailhead, Warrandyte Reserve. Suitable for all ages and abilities. Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult. This is a great way to come and see some of Warrandyte by bike. The route will be a casual family-friendly loop through our State park and fire trails. The exact route will be determined on the day depending on numbers and participant ability.
- Rules and regulations: Refer to warrandytefestival.org for full conditions or call 0438 547 805 (Shane).
- Registration and cost: Free online registration at bit.ly/3Hq5Zdo
- Hosted by: Warrandyte Mountain Bike Club.
- Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dog show and pet parade
- Time: 9.30am.
- Location: River Stage, Lower Riverbank.
- Info: Can your dog do tricks? Is your cat the fluffiest in Warrandyte? Cats and dogs, rabbits, mice or goldfish, the Dog Show and Pet Parade gives everyone a chance to show off their cuddly and curious household members. Animals must be safe to the public and under owner’s control at all times.
- Registration: Free, at the event.
- Hosted by: Warrandyte High School.
- Sponsored by: Warrandyte Vet Clinic.
- Time: 10.00am – 12.00pm.
- Location: Upper Reserve, near the children’s playground, adjacent to Main Stage.
- Info: Warrandyte youngsters are a talented bunch and the Kids’ Market showcases their thoughtful hand-made creations. Art and goodies to make your day!
- Registration and cost: Stall applications at warrandytefestival.org. $10 per stall.
- Enquiries: email@example.com
- Time: 11.00am – 3.00pm
Location: Near the River Stage.
- Info: T-shirt painting for teenagers.
- Cost: Second-hand and new t-shirts available for $5, or BYO to paint for $2.
Historical gold mine tour
- Time: 2.00pm – 3.30pm.
- Location: 104 Webb St (State Park).
- Info: Did you know that the first recorded official discovery of gold in Victoria was at Warrandyte, alongside one in the Pyrenees, both declared on 16 July 1851? (Source: Warrandyte Historical Society). Since 1978, the Hanson family has been shining a light on the history and workings of an 1850s gold mine. The tour is full of interesting nuggets about Warrandyte’s founding gold miners.
- Attire: Wear appropriate footwear and BYO water.
- Cost: Not required. This is a free event.
- Enquiries: 0419 000 020.
- Time: 1.00pm – 3.00pm.
- Location: Lower Riverbank, below the Community Church.
- Info: Dodgeball enthusiasts and debutantes alike are invited to form your own mixed-gender teams of six in the following year level groups: Prep –2, Grade 3 – 5, Grade 6 – 8, Year 9 -12 (adults, and under 5yrs unable to participate). Each match will be 10 minutes and winning teams will continue to the finals. Battle for the glory of winning the inaugural Warrandyte Dodgeball Trophy!
- Registration and cost: Free. Rules and registration forms at warrandtefestival.org. A waiver must be signed by parents before participation.
Time: 2.30pm. – Sales close at at 2PM
Location: Yarra River. Ducks launch from the bottom of Police St and finish at the bottom of Stiggant St.
Registration: $4. A limited number of ducks will be available for purchase at the Information Tent during Festival weekend (until sold out). Winners of the duck race will be announced on the main stage. Sales close at at 2PM
Decorations: To keep our river healthy, only undecorated ducks will compete in the race. Please return ducks to the Information Tent by midday on Sunday to be in the race.
- Time: 12.15pm – 3.00pm.
Location: Around Stiggants Reserve – keep your eyes peeled!
- Info: Watch out for Super Crazy Tall Beings – flowers and animals roaming the event! Giant bubbles being created and other visual treats. Listen out for some joyful soul and funk music, vibrant beats and mega horns.
Kids’ art and craft activities
- Time: 12.00pm – 4.00pm.
Location: The Top Tent, Upper Reserve.
- Info: This is a great opportunity for parents to grab some ‘quiet time’ as kids explore their creative side through a number of specially designed activities.
- Hosted by: Warrandyte Uniting Church.
Saturday 4.30pm – 7.00pm and Sunday 3.00pm – 6.00pm.
Location: Upper Reserve.
Info: Suitable for kids and adults, this is everyone’s chance to dance. Wireless headphones pre-set to three playlists with all the best dance tunes will help you get your boogie on! You are your own DJ as you get to choose your tunes.
- Time: 1.15pm.
- Location: Upper Reserve, adjacent to Information tent.
- Info: Younger kids are invited to test their skills by balancing a jellybean on a wooden spoon. Everyone is a winner in this fun set of races.
Hosted by: Warrandyte Netball Club.
Art and craft market
Saturday 9.00am – 4.00pm andSunday 9.30am – 4.30pm.
- Location: Upper Reserve.
- Info: Supporting local makers from our community, this home-grown and hand-made market provides an opportunity for talented local artisans to showcase their products and services. Stop by and see what these incredibly talented makers have to offer. From jewellery, children’s clothing, candles, pottery, paintings and prints, you’ll find it at our Art and Craft Market.
Scouts’ giant water slide
Saturday 12.00pm – 5.00pm andSunday 12.00pm – 4.00pm.
- Location: Upper Reserve, between Main Stage and Stiggant St.
- Info: At Scouts you can do anything and everything. At the Festival, that means slooshing down a giant water slide, again and again. It’s funbelievable!
- Attire: BYO bathers and towel. Change tent available.
- Hosted and supervised by: Warrandyte Scouts.
- Cost: Charges apply.
Manningham Woodcraft presents birdbox making
- Location: Gazebo near River Stage.
- Info: Come and learn some basic woodworking skills by building your own birdbox.
- Cost: $5.
Info: A wide range of tempting food and drink will be available all weekend, including Friday evening, all day
Saturday and Sunday. Sunday evening will be available in the Upper Reserve only. Please dispose of rubbish responsibly.
Art and Sculptural Display
Info: Keep a look out for one-of-a kind artistic creations, floating lanterns and all sorts of ephemeral artworks throughout the Festival. You never know what you might discover. Thanks to Warrandyte’s Arty Farty Folk, Tim Read of Tread Sculptures and Sanctum Studios.