Art and Craft Market 2023
The Festival will be held on 17,18,19th of March 2023
The Festival Committee aims to offer festival-goers a unique array of home grown, home sewn, hand made art and craft goods for sale in a friendly and colourful atmosphere. The Market supports artists and crafts people who create their own items, produce and art in Australia. Art and Craft Market stalls operate throughout the weekend.
Expression of Interest now sought
Please complete the online ‘Expression of Interest’ form by 11.00pm on 31st of Jan 2023
Each Expression of interest form is subject to review by the Warrandyte Festival Committee and will be accepted or declined dependent upon the applicant meeting the criteria, type of items sold and the number of applications received. There is no guarantee that stall holders will be invited back on an annual basis.
You will be notified by email if your expression of interest was successful or not in gaining an invitation to the Festival by the 8th Feb 2023
If successful, payment and further documentation will be due by 1st Mar 2023
Please note: Failure to pay by the due date will result in your application being withdrawn without further correspondence.
If you do not wish to attend, we would appreciate you letting us know immediately so that we can invite another stall.
The Warrandyte Festival will be held as follows:
- Friday 17 March (6.00pm-midnight)
- Saturday 18 March (approx 9.00am–10.00pm) and
- Sunday 19 March (approx 9.00am–8.30pm)
Art and Craft Market stalls will trade either or both days as follows:
- Saturday 18 March from 9.00am – 4.00pm
- Sunday 19 March from 9.30am – 4.30pm
Stiggants Reserve, Corner of Stiggant and Yarra Streets, Warrandyte (Melways Reference: 23 D12)
Charges for Art and Craft Market stallholders
- $200 for both days
- $125 for Saturday only
- $125 for Sunday only
Payment options (if offered a site)
If your Expression of interest is accepted and you receive an emailed invitation to participate, direct debit can be made to the Warrandyte Festival Committee to secure your place. Bank details and a personalised reference number will be provided to successful applicants. You will also be requested to send email confirmation of your payment to market @ warrandytefestival.org.
Once offered a site, late payment will result in your application being withdrawn without warning.
Guidelines for participation
Please read the Guidelines for Participation before applying.
Type of products that can be sold at the Warrandyte Festival
Stall holders are invited to sell goods made by you, in your home or studio.
Applications will not be accepted if goods are mass-produced, manufactured or made overseas. To clarify whether your goods will be accepted, you are welcome to email market @ warrandytefestival.org and include a description and photo of your products.
Food safety requirements for temporary and mobile food businesses
Please note that a state-wide registration and notification scheme for temporary and mobile food premises applies under the Food Act 1984.
All stall holders selling food must abide by these regulations.
It is your responsibility to complete the process, including lodging a Statement of Trade.
Full details, forms, templates and links can be found via the Manningham City Council website.
- Stall areas are approximately 3 x 3 meters.
- Request for larger sites need to be indicated on the expression of interest form. They will be allocated only if there is enough space.
- Provision of all equipment is the stallholder’s responsibility, including cover matting, tents/marquees, safety cover matting etc.
- The Festival Committee provides no security. All tents and equipment are the stallholder’s responsibility for the duration of the Festival weekend. For security reasons, it may be advisable for you to remove products and/or equipment from your site overnight.
- All tent pegs are to be covered and all equipment to be secured for weather (including windy) conditions.
- Stallholders are not permitted to play their own music (as we have live bands performing throughout the weekend).
- Due to the topography of Warrandyte, stallholders are advised that all Art and Craft Market sites will be located on a hill. Please plan and allow for this.
- Please plan for hot and cold weather (including rain) and protect your products accordingly.
- Please limit commercial advertising on tents and/or as part of the stall set up.
Working towards a waste free event
The Warrandyte Festival Committee continues to work towards a waste free event. Stallholders and participants are required to provide services and materials in line with the Warrandyte Festival Committee’s waste management and recycling guidelines.
Compliance to the following guidelines is essential:
- All packaging must be recyclable e.g. bio-degradable products, paper rather than hard plastic bags/plastic wrap and polystyrene.
- Avoid unnecessary packaging.
- Under no circumstances is polystyrene to be used.
- Stall holders are responsible for their own waste disposal and the Festival waste containers/bins can not be utilised for this purpose. Stall holders are to take their rubbish home with them each day. This includes removal of boxes/cartons/and any large paper containers that you bring to the Festival. Bins are provided for the Festival goers only.
- If you have rotating or voluntary staff, please place readable information about being waste wise where they can see it before their shift.
On days of total fire ban it is your responsibility to acquire a permit from the CFA headquarters if you are to use an open flame or fuel of any type. The CFA will advise you on what can or can’t be used.
In case of extreme weather or fire conditions and on advice from the CFA and Police, the Warrandyte Festival Committee reserves the right to cancel or postpone the Festival.
Power is not available to Art and Craft Market stall holders.
Please note that one parking permit will be issued per stall. A specific stall holder parking area will be available to parking permit holders only on a first in, first served basis. Permits will be distributed once successful applicants have paid their site fees and submitted all required documentation.
If your application is successful, you will be required to read and abide by the Warrandyte Festival Risk Management Guidelines.
Public Liability Insurance
Art and Craft Market stall holders must provide their own Public Liability Insurance, at their own cost.
If you do not have Public Liability Insurance, the Festival Committee may be able to provide it for you at an additional cost of $15 per stall per day. Conditions apply**. Please contact us at market @ warrandytefestival.org to discuss.
**Should you not have your own insurance, please note that Warrandyte Festival’s insurer will not cover:
- Second hand tools and electrical goods. New goods need to be tested and tagged to the Australia Standard
- Children’s clothes
- Children’s toys and play equipment
- Live animal sales
All commercial businesses must have their own cover as the Warrandyte Festival’s insurer cannot provide cover to businesses.
Employing your own staff
If you are employing staff, you are required to provide your own appropriate work cover and ensure your own occupational health and safety requirements are met, at your own cost.
Complete the form
Complete the Expression of interest form
Please email our Art and Craft Market coordinators at market @ warrandytefestival.org with any enquiries.